Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Friday, July 5, 2013

Ohhhh, be careful what you pray for...

So, yeah, that last post was rather well received.

RATHER WELL.

How well?

I now owe Lori a phone concert consisting of me singing Suo Gan.

Which, frankly, I am sorta overwhelmed about, considering that I shot my mouth off and now look what happened?!?!?!

Oh wait, that sounds really awful and anyway...me and my big mouth. And as soon as this rather persistent chest cold goes away, Mizz Lori? I'm on it!!

So far, nobody's ponied up the 10,000$, but I did tweet the blogpost to Ron Howard, so we'll see, won't we, Jay?? Huh??

I am extremely stunned with the hits on the post. Just here, we've hit well over 500. Jay informed me that he's had in the upper 4 digit range of views on his Facebook pages. 

Upper. Four. Digits.

Eeeep!!


Next week, I'll get a total amount from Adopt-A-Native-Elder and I'll let you all know how much money was raised for the Warming Hearts Firewood Fund.

Because at the end of the day, it's about helping the Elders stay warm and healthy through the winter. 





6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear it was such a success! You gave a wonderful presentation, and I'm sure Jay is thrilled with the response to the needs of the Dine. I want to hear about that "Suo Gan" concert. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a huge success!! And AHHHHHHHHH!! The concert will be interesting!

      Delete
  2. Wish we could contribute...but maybe - hopefully - later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but YOU take care of YOU, and those kids of yours.

      Delete
  3. This is a good project. Blessings on you for what you are doing to help these people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mary. But, umm, now I have to sing!!

    ReplyDelete