Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Firewood, hogans and WHO?





So, let's step away from the cruise stories and pictures for a few days.  We'll get back to them next week.



On Tuesday, July 2nd, here at TFTR, we're going to dig deep and discuss a very important issue that involves helping those who really need help.
Nope, not my beloved Quechua of Bolivia, but the DinĂ© of the Southwest United States.


Who are the DinĂ© ?

Many of us call them The Navajo. Which is a name the Spanish handed out in the 1600's. 
How nice of those nice Spanish conquerors to hand out a nice name to people who already had one.

Anyway.

But what about them? Don't they make rugs and hang out in the nice warm desert? Where it never gets cold.  



Maybe in the movies.





So, Redheads, what does this stack of firewood?






An Elder like this man who lives in a hogan? Or maybe a house.





And this man...








Have in common?



His name is Jay Tavare. He's a nice guy. He said I could use this photo...seriously, he said I could use pictures of him on my blog. You don't believe me, do you?


I knew it!!

Well, maybe you should come by on Tuesday for the rest of the story?


And The Redhead will explain everything. 

Get ready to warm some hearts.







12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more on Tuesday! Yay!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, you know how to make a gal wish it was Tuesday already ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cut, split, stacked firewood for heat in our Canadian log cabins for years--prefer its comforting radiating heat to my convenient natural gas furnace.
    But if you warm hearts, you won't need firewood, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, true. I LOVE our woodstove!!

    But that man, actor Jay Tavare, raises A LOT of money for Navajo Elders who can't afford their own, or are to weak to chop enough. They don't have electricity, so they need firewood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commenting late, but hey, I'll be back tomorrow for the rest of the story... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to sharing the story!

      Delete
  6. Oh that sounds good. I'm always VERY interested in helping out others. Good stuff, Jennifer. I'm interested in hearing the rest. - Well reading, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ganise! Welcome to TFTR!! It was quite a nice conversation, I hope you like the rest.

      Delete