Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane....but I DO know when I'll be back again...

...Oh Babe, I hate to (tell you this but umm, I'm not exactly busted up that I have to ) go...

My friends, amigos, amis, shik'is....

I fly tomorrow to Toronto, and then Saturday night, my Mom and I will cross The Pond to catch a ride on this...The Equinox.



And this is our itinerary:

DatePort/CityActivityArrivalDeparture
Day 1Barcelona, Spain5:00 PM
Day 2At Sea
Day 3Rome (Civitavecchia), ItalyDocked7:00 AM7:00 PM
Day 4Naples, ItalyDocked7:00 AM6:30 PM
Day 5At Sea
Day 6Santorini, GreeceTendered9:00 AM7:00 PM
Day 7Ephesus (Kusadasi), TurkeyDocked7:00 AM6:00 PM
Day 8Mykonos, GreeceTendered7:00 AM6:00 PM
Day 9Athens (Piraeus), GreeceDocked6:00 AM6:00 PM
Day 10At Sea
Day 11Valletta, MaltaDocked7:00 AM5:00 PM
Day 12At Sea

We return to Barcelona on Day 13 and fly back to Toronto that afternoon. 

I haven't had 2 weeks alone with my mom since, ohhhhhhh, 1989. I have never been to Europe. I've spent the last 4 decades wishing I could see inside the Roman Colosseum. And I've wanted to see Santorini since 1980-something, when my sister went to Greece with friends.And Ephesus??? Ahhhh!!

I'll check in to say hello today, and I'll be updating on Facebook until Saturday afternoon. 

But DO come back in late June, because unless I'm in jail in Europe...there's going to be a few pictures and some awesome stories.


Adios!!





I can't make this white box disappear....and it won't centre, either....




10 comments:

  1. So excited for this adventure! It's going to be beautiful. And we will all miss you horribly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I wish I could take everyone with me...but Mom might not appreciate the crowd. ;)

      I'm going to miss you all, too.

      Delete
  2. Didn't realize you were going to Malta - Island of St Paul, and holder of the George Cross.

    And point of fame for one or your country's heroes, George Beurling. A Canadian for the ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably knew that right off the top of your head, didn't you?
      We might even go looking for falcons...

      Delete
  3. Oh my, have an incredible time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT an itinerary. Go and have a good time, Jenn! I'm so excited for you, and praying God's blessings on your trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it will be a whole lot of stuff and history to take in. But I will walk Rome with you in mind.

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful trip, Jennifer! The Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A'he'hee, shik'is!!

      I probably spelled that wrong.

      Delete