Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I think I'm done...for now...plus Snowiccane 2014.

Annnnnnd.....

I finished Round One of the re-Write to take my first book from the category of historical romance to the more applicable historical fiction. In a hist/rom, the focus is the romance, in historical fiction, the story is the focus and the romance is secondary.

I want to do justice to a time in history that is simply shameful. I do not care what the 'why' was. There is no reason ANYONE should gather up one group of people and march them 450 miles to where they can be controlled and "trained" to be subservient to their captors.

Back in 1864, that was official government policy. 

In 2014, that's called ethnic cleansing. Or, genocide.

Therefore, NOT romance novel material.



Sooooo, yeah, I re-worked it.
My editorial superhero,
Amy Drown http://www.amydrown.com
is going over the re-write, so when she's done, I'll crack open the file and see what magic she has wrought.

Seriously, if you're a writer and prepping your work to pitch or query? You NEED to hire her, she is BRILLIANT!!!

My agent suggested I have my manuscript edited by a professional, and I've read Amy's work, and frankly, I trust her 200%.    

I'm nearly giddy waiting to see what she thinks.

But don't quote me, I may change my mind and want to hurl. It's a mood thing.







And then there's....


this.


 
 
 
 
 
 
We're almost at the top of the L in 'blizzard'.


180 kph /100 mph winds.
White outs.
And it's March 26th???


Seriously though, pray that no one dies in this.



And on that perky note!

Take care, and have a calm, snow-free day !





That's just the good manners talking...I HATE WINTER!!!!





I open my sunscreen to smell the beach smell, then go shovel my sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment