Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I do NOT want to go away again!!






We were supposed to leave early this morning for Ontario. We're leaving tomorrow instead.

I don't want to travel again. I know, such a first world problem!

I am TIRED. 2 weeks on the road has exhausted me. Taking 3 days to get home has left me weary. I do not want to go anywhere. I don't even want to put in my contacts.

But it's time with John's very elderly parents that cannot be put off to another day. She's 85, he's 95. And I love them, so I guess 16 hours in a van with 3 boys will be the price I pay for time with his parents.

But if they weren't going to be there? I'd go on strike. Just like a spoiled twit. Well, not "just like" a spoiled twit. I'd BE the spoiled twit with whom all other regular twits are compared.

Ohhhh. Wait. There's an antique market there...Hmmmm.

And I can take my notes and work on my query while at the beach.

Not so bad afterall.



3 comments:

  1. If it's any comfort, you're not alone in getting fed up with travel right quick! I once spent a week...Austin to Fort Wayne to Austin to Bozeman to Austin to San Francisco and finally back. I had a couple hours in Austin between 'trips', not long enough to go home. I kept changes of clothing in my car. I don't miss it.

    Until it's time to go to Chicago for my interview with Oprah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!

    Remember the Little Engine that Could?

    I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

    Up and over....

    I thought I could! I thought I could! I thought I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha--you're not going all diva on me, are you? (my post today was about diva wives/moms). Seriously, I know, you've been a traveling fiend lately. But it's good that you have something to look forward to once you get there!

    ReplyDelete