Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Magua was my tour guide.

I went to the memorial for the Bosque Redondo today and the walking tour thingie that we picked up to listen to the tour was none other the Great Wes Studi, otherwise known as Magua.

The memorial was utterly sad and depressing. 3000 people died in  4 1/2 years. The army lived in nice homes, the Navajo lived in holes dug in the ground. On the Walk, 2 women went into labout and the soldiers shot them rather than stop and wait for the babies to be born. What I read about the Walk up until today was nowhere near as bad as what I learned today. To see the country that they were marched across is utterly desolate and barren. Very few trees, I have no idea where they'd have gotten their water.

Women were assaulted in front of their husbands and the soldiers would have guns on the husbands. Terrible sick awful treatment.
Such sin. Such evil.

The trip was exhausting, I had a four hour delay in Chicago and arrived at midnight, I'd been up for 21 1/2 hours by the time I'd gotten to where we're staying. And it was ONLY 103 degrees.

We drove through Oklahoma and Texas and stayed in Santa Rosa, New Mexico the first night out. Tonight I am in Window Rock at the friends of my friends.

We went up to the Rock and took tonnes of photos.


My laptop will NOT pick up wifi here. Maybe the Government of Canada has a block on Arizona wifi.


Flagstaff is tomorrow and I can't remember what is next. Imagine me with carlag and timezone change and total exhaustion.

That's all for now.
 I'll post again when I can.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what was done to the Native Americans so Europeans could take their land is horrendous beyond words. The Navajo, the Cherokee, the Iroquois and so many others have stories that would rip any decent person's heart to pieces.

    Take care, Jennifer. Try to get some rest and drink PLENTY of water. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete