Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Sunshine Award? Who ? ME?


My friend Gwendolynn Gage, you can meet her  here at www.gwendolyngage.blogspot.com, nominated me for The Sunshine Award.

Which I thought was lovely!!
(Some of you are thinking...Jennifer? You mixed her with "sunshine?" WHAT ever!)

I think Gwen is very smart, so there. (Sticks tongue out at brother.)

The Rules Are:

1) Answer the eight questions asked by the person who gave you the award.
2) Nominate eight new people, and no tag-backs.
3) Ask eight new questions, or re-use the ones you were asked, for your nominees to answer.

Here are Gwen's questions...

1)What is your favourite TV show?
Hmmm, Survivor is fun, you know for the sociological aspects...and watching the prissy girls fall apart with no hope of staying clean. And Phineas and Ferb. Seriously, it is FUNNY!! And Downton Abbey.

2)Have you ever read a book on a friend's recommendation and if so, what was it and did you like it?
Hmmm, I've picked up a lot of recommendations from all kinds of this past year. But I'll narrow it down to the last 3 months. Since October, I've read Joanne Bischof (LOVED her debut novel Be Still My Soul!!), Tamera Alexander, Bonnie Grove and some un-published stuff . And frankly, the un-pubbed stuff was excellent. 

3) Favourite Bible verse? Isaiah 40: 28-31

 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


4) What is your least favourite food?
Hmmm. Moose, or venison. HURL. I just hate the taste.

5) What is your favourite professional sports team?

::Crickets::

6)What is your favourite part about blogging?
Meeting new people and making friends. Holy smokes, I have met some AMAZING people through author blogs. Wow. Yup. Meeting new friends.

7) Favourite Christmas song? Or any song?
O Holy Night, The Hallelujah Chorus. I mean, WHOA!  I LOVE singing that!!
Regular song? I have to pick ONE? Get real!!

Some of the most popular ones on my ipod are:

Suo Gan-Susan Bullock
Part of Me-Katy Perry
La Bamba-Los Lobos
Promontory-Last of the Mohican Soundtrack

I have varied tastes...

8) Five most favourite books?
Oh come ON!!
Other than the Bible...

Here's 5 of my top 50.

Crossfire-Jeanette Windle 
Danger in the Shadows-Dee Henderson
The Hiding Place-Corrie ten Boom
Be Still My Soul-Joanne Bischof
Unbroken-Laura Hillenbrand


My 8 nominees??

Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart
Becky Hood Doughty
Lindsay Harrel
Kiersti Plog
P.J.Casselman
Sarah Loudin Thomas
Christine Dorman
Anne Reed Love/Jaime Wright. Yes, I can count...

Only do this if you feel like it, but it was fun!

Thanks Gwen!!




16 comments:

  1. Handel's Messiah--one of my faves EVER. That man was inspired!

    And you don't like VENISON!!!?? Shock. Utter shock!

    Last of the Mohicans soundtrack is AWESOME. I agree!

    Fun post, Jennifer--Sunshine Gal! And you ARE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Nooooo venison for me. Blech.
      LOTM rocks.

      Delete
  2. I can totally get a person who names Phineas and Ferb alongside Downton Abbey as fav TV shows.

    And then to throw out a song from LotM as a fav tune? Perfect.

    It was fun reading more about your sunshine-y personality, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a ray of sunshine. :) And thank you for the nomination, friend. :) That means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Venison?!?! It's like a staple item in a Minnesotan's diet! :) Love how you write favorite as favourite! When I write it that way my computer puts a little red squiggly line under it. :) You are a ray of sunshine, Jennifer - more so than most people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Josh Groban's "O Holy Night". I also love "The Hallelujah Chorus" and agree with Heather that Handel was inspired.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm in. Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart will feature this on Tuesday, January 22.

    I will say that my least favorite food is undercooked rat. Yes, I've eaten it. No, it was not by choice. Yes, it taseted awful. But it was protein.

    And no, there were no side effects. Other than an irresistible urge to twitch my whiskers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Twitch your whiskers.
      Undercooked rat? I'm not at all shocked that you said that.

      Delete
  7. What fun insights into you, Jennifer! And I didn't expect to find myself at the end, haha. :) Thanks, though! Maybe next week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm only five days late in seeing this. I'm with Heather--I can't believe you don't like vension. You do know that was a status symbol in the 18th century? ;-) I don't know any of your favorite songs, except for LOTM--loved that movie, and the music is great. So glad to hear "Crossfire" is good! I have it on my Kindle app, but haven't cracked it open yet. Working on BSMS right now. :-) Thanks for the mention my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen!! No venison shall pass these lips. Unless Magua cooked it and then I'd at least...sneer at it and gag.
      Crossfire is a nail biter!

      Delete