Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

For Miss Lori, the Most Patient Woman Alive!!!


I shot off my mouth in 2013, and FINALLY ... I made good on the promise.


For Lori...

I sure hope it wasn't enough to damage your hearing for the rest of your life.
Thank you for your generosity, patience and kindness. 

Oh, and we even filmed it. for the free world to "enjoy".

This was filmed on my tablet, so my apologies for the tinny acoustics.

And thank you to my pianist, Ruth Wood!!



This might not be up for long...I'm somewhat nervous sharing this... 






12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Jennifer!! Thank you for sharing this! <3 And now I must ask, because I know the melody but not the name of the song-- what is this beautiful piece called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Welsh lullaby, called 'Suo Gan'. It was in Empire of the Sun, directed by Stephen Spielberg and starred Christian Bale.

      Delete
  2. Very nice and the best of all is that you're careful to keep your promises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, D.
      And I couldn't NOT keep my promise. I'm not wired that way.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! It was great! Our connection was a little scratchy but I could hear you just fine. This video was perfect and was totally your idea not mine but it was great to see and hear you this time. I am amazed that you posted it so fast.

    Thank you so much for calling me back and chatting with me too.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this, Jenn! Had no idea you could sing in Welsh. Absolutely beautiful. Keep the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And it's technically known as "Bad Welsh". Did you hear your name? I was thinking of you when I sang it.

      Delete
  6. I thought I recognized it from Empire of the Sun. Beautiful, Jennifer. I'm jealous of people who can not only write, but have other amazing talents like singing. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was near the end, when the kamikaze prepare to leave. Beautifully done.

      And thank you.

      Speaking of singing, don't you think Lindsay Harrel would nail this?

      Delete