Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dust Bunnies!





In 2009, I went on my second trip to Bolivia. Most of the team was from my church. 

Now, most teenage girls like to have an older female friend, who isn't their mother, to talk with, confide in, pal around with and generally be friends with, without the mother /daughter vibe going on.

Two girls in my church seem to think I'm cool. Probably only two, but I digress.
And the best thing, is that both of their Moms are very good friends of mine, so they trust me with their daughters.

At the time this photo was taken, my own daughter was deep, deep, DEEP in rebellion towards my husband and I.
As my daughter was fading away, these two came alongside me and loved me down a lonely road. 


That was three years ago. The one in the middle, Shannon, is off to college. I miss her alot! The one on the end, Melissa, just got back from a mission trip to Israel and Slovakia. She's also been to Nepal and Bolivia. Shannon has been to Bolivia and Haiti. They've done more mission work than 90% of the adults I know!!

Prior to this photo being taken, we drove from a town deep in the mountains and the ride down took several hours and one guy stopped counting switchbacks at 72. Or maybe there was 72, anyway, it was LONG and twisty!

The dust there is like brown icing sugar. We were utterly filthy!!



I called us the Dust Bunnies.

I sat alone in church this morning, which was perfectly fine, not a problem at all. But after a few minutes, I saw a very clean version of Melissa sit down next to me. She was all smiles and happy to see me. I was quite happy to see her too.


I love these girls like they were my own.


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I didn't see the photo, though? But that's so sweet how those gals filled that mother-daughter need in your own life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you.

    Not sure how I missed this. In fact, I seem to have been missing the last several.... Maybe I need to re-subscribe or something. ANYHOO - not seeing the pic either, but love the imaginary image you've created in my imagination.

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete