Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My life in pictures. Plus free edit!!





I sent my proposal and sample chapters in yesterday.This is how it felt last night.









This is how I felt all day.










This is how I felt late this afternoon when I got two emails from two different people within 6 minutes of each other.








I called my husband at his office. I love him. He let me be me.







Then I emailed some of my peeps.

I said...

"Yo. Sup? I feel awful."

They said...

"What are we? We're..."






YEAH BABY!!!!







Another one said...


"How are you doing?"

I said I wanted a party.





It was a short one.





I love my not-legally-adopted-yet big brother.
I should inform my had-him-for-my-whole-life brother that he isn't alone anymore.





So? How do I feel now?? Now that my husband and my peeps have cheered me up?

I went back and read the emails. REALLY looked at what they said.
I let their words of wisdom sink in.
Learning is all about rolling with the hard stuff and wrestling it back into submission.
So?


That saddle is empty. It's time to get back in!!








Why?




My King is why.

*

And four words sung out to me...

"Your writing is brilliant".

How's THAT for encouragement???







9 comments:

  1. I just love how God gives us others to encourage us when we need it most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we're here for you and know God has good things in store for you and your book. Totally relate to those pics, though. I'm still stuck on the roller coaster right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burn, Baby, Burn!!!!!!!

    You're awesome, Jennifer, and your writing IS brilliant.

    Did you ever see that movie "My Life" with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman? He was dying of cancer and went back and dealt with all these things in his past that had him bound up and unwilling to let go? In the end, he got on the roller coaster and let go, hands in the air, and let every single one of the ups and downs and swoops and swirls sink in. LOVED that movie. Loved the message of it. Loved how the end tore my heart out because it took death to teach him how to let go. I don't want to wait that long. I want to let go now. And having people like you in the seat beside me, encouraging me, peeling my fingers off the safety bar, and holding my arms up for me until I'm brave enough to hold them on my own...yeah.

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang tough, Jennifer. I had someone edit the first chapter of "Hatched." They told me about the same thing. It's all about "ways." I'll tell you though, they liked your stuff. So did we. Still, I can't wait to read books by you that sum up everyday life with your unique humor. <--will keep saying that like a broken record 'cause he really believes you're a superstar in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need peeps to light the (short) candles on that (tiny) pity party cake, then kick us (gently) in the rear again. Keep on running, redhead, and climb into that saddle again. I just ran into your writing/blogging and I've already signed onto the fan list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an engaging, entertaining, encouraging post. You really shared your heart without burdening the reader with too much despair.
    Take a few deep breaths, clean a closet or smack a tennis ball around. Then, when you are ready; up you go into the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comments encourage me and lift me up! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, sorry I'm commenting here a couple days late...and sorry about the discouragement, but oh I love how you turned it around at the end...I sense determination shining through. And yay for friends and family who lift us up when circumstances shove us down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer! Keep your chin up! God has a plan. We just need to keep focused on Him.

    I'm going through the same rollercoaster right now! I'm about to send off my first query and I've worked so hard to perfect my query. We'll see what happens. I might need some of your Kleenex before it's over. :) ttyl

    ReplyDelete