Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Santa Cruz, California, October 28th, 2014

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What happens when I write a blog post when I am SUPER tired...


I am tired.
Tigh yerd.
I woke up at 4am yesterday.
But when I'm writing this it's Tuesday night at 9:20pm.
I'm so tired, I could laugh at a dish towel.
"OH wow, it's COTTON! HAHAHA!"

THAT kind of tired.

So. Okay, up at 4am because I didn't want to sleep through two alarms and 5 snooze buttons to get our youngest to 6am hockey practice.
I know, I KNOW, 6am is INSANE. Try it when it's -20.

SO...we all roll in at 5:30am and wait. The "rink guy" always arrives at 5:30am and lets us in.
So AFTER I suggested a bunch of the boys go sit in Quentin's truck, I went back to my van, turned on the heat and relaxed.
Quentin's dad was all thankful and stuff that I let 5 boys goof off in his truck.
Not really.

And the rink guy? Let's just say he never arrived.

We got home at 6:30am and I crawled back into bed.
I rolled over at 8:30am and hopped out of bed, brushed my teeth and drove down to the hospital for my blood tests. Which were at 8:15am.
Which is when I was alseep. Oops. Asleeep.

I was all in a fluff and lather...liar... I didn't care at all. I took a number and waited with all the other sheep. Once I got my blood sucked out of my arm , I went up to the cafeteria and tried to act cool, but what I really wanted was a trowel to scrape vast quantities of food into my maw, as I hadn't eaten since the night before.
When I saw the line up and the bacon and egg counter, all I could think was "If those people weren't there, I'd just use my hands and scoop up scrambled eggs.

Sooooo. I went to Walmart, bought a few things...must stay awake...then went home. I sat at the computer and made stupid -girl comments on blogs then went back to the hospital for a neck x-ray....must stay awake...then to Costco...must get an ice cream...then home...must stay awake...
Oh, did  mention that the lady who took my paperwork for the x-ray gave me a very sweet, sympathetic smile and said "You should have gone straight to x-ray after your blood work. Didn't they tell you that?"
Now, this lady was very nice.
But I wanted to march down the hall to the blood suckers and yell "I could have been SLEEPING this morning, but, NOOOO, you couldn't figure it out and send me to x-ray??"

But, that doesn't exactly sound all that coherent.
So I didn't.

Because I'm so nice I weep at my niceness.
Not really, but what could I do? Other than whine.

SO. Off to Costco for toilet paper, since between the family of SIX, we had 2 half rolls left and a 2 boxes of Kleenex.
And you just know someone is going to bring home the Mother of all flu bugs...so I bought about 800 rolls at Costco and drive home and fell into the house and oh my...

A fresh cup of Early Grey and a few chunks of well hidden Toblerone, and ahhhh.

Don't worry, I know my kids don't read this. BTW? HAHAHA! It's in the dining room.

Okay, I NEED to get to bed, because I am losing it...

Oh wait...meaningful lesson for today?

Don't eat the foil on the Toblerone.


10 comments:

  1. Remember I'm up for teaching you the art of upright sleeping on the couch. It comes in very handy when you are supposed to be checking off 3 trillion items from the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH!! I keep telling myself to sleep more, but SOME people snore.

      Delete
  2. Since when is Toblerone Canadian chocolate?

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess when it's got French on the label and Canadians eat it?
      We all know it's Swiss. But we like to pretend a little...

      Delete
  3. This is why I haven't written a blog post since February! Can't figure out how to stay awake long enough to blog, work, keep house and keep everyone fed. It's on the to-do list -- I'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bribe yourself. Take your laptop to Starbucks and when you upload the blog, get a posh drink to celebrate!

      Delete
  4. You do know that you can learn to sleep standing up, eh?

    You can even sleep while walking as long as you've got a couple of mates to keep you going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are one of the very few who I think actually does sleep standing up, and while walking!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's like playing the Jaws cello music in your head when you bite that foil!

      Delete